Chiropractic is a medical practice that is an effective method to treat the problems pertaining to your musculoskeletal system. Chiropractic care mainly focuses on the care of the spine. The musculoskeletal system of a person consists of bone, muscles, joints, cartilage, and tendons. It serves the purpose of protecting one’s body organs and allowing them to move freely.
Important Facts and Stats on Diabetes and Chiropractic
- Approximately 1.2 million were hospitalized for reasons associated with diabetes in 2017-18.
- 21% of the diabetic cases self-reported in 2017-18 were males over 75; 19% were males between 64 and 74 and 1% males below 44.
- Of the cases self-reported in 2017-18, 18% of women were over 75 while 16% were between 65 and 74.
- 280 Australians develop diabetes daily.
- It is the fastest-growing chronic condition in Australia.
- There were 5.1 million deaths globally due to diabetes in 2013.
- One in four adults in Australia who are over the age of 25 either has a diabetic or pre-diabetic condition.
- This disease costs the Australian economy $16 billion every year.
- There are approximately 4500 registered chiropractors in Australia making them the ninth largest health professionals.
- 16% of Australians consulted a Chiropractor in 2005.
- There are over 12 million visits to a Chiropractor every year.
- These medical professionals have one of the best safety records; it also has one of the highest satisfaction ratings.
What Is Chiropractic Care For the Diabetic?
Diabetes is a health problem that affects all children as well as adults. There are numerous reasons for diabetes to occur like hereditary and an unhealthy lifestyle. Our upper neck and middle of the back help aid the process of transmitting nerve signals to our body and brain. The reduction of the response of the nervous system can result in various medical problems including diabetes. A chiropractor can do what they do best, treat the misalignment of the spine and help restore the nervous system and ensure the proper functioning of all your organs.
How Can a Chiropractor Help With the Prevention & Management of Diabetes?
Chiropractic can help diabetes to manage and prevent in long term. Chiropractic care for diabetes will involve the treatment known as vertebral sublimation that focuses on allowing the spine and your nerves to function in full capacity. This helps increase the efficiency of one’s immune system and the functioning of the hormones as well. Here is how a Chiropractor can help:
- Chiropractic care is based on the concept of the entire body’s health and that everything is interconnected.
- It focuses on improving the relationship between the brain and body and restoring proper communication pathways in the body
- This is also a good method of restoring appropriate balance in your body to ensure it functions optimally.
- The efforts of a Chiropractor will allow the body to heal itself and allow the brain to send messages to the entire body more efficiently and effectively.
- It is not unusual for a Chiropractor to advise a diabetic to stop their dependence on conventional medication instead of taking their treatment.
- A Chiropractor will focus on the seventh thoracic vertebra which is linked to the pancreas. The slightest misalignment can affect the nervous system and affect the pancreas’ normal functioning, leading to diabetes.
- This medical option will help one to achieve relief from diabetes and at the same time reduce the risk of developing any other medical issue.
- It can help reduce the musculoskeletal issues commonly associated with diabetes including muscle cramps, muscle infarction, complex regional pain syndrome, diabetic still hands syndrome, limited joint mobility, osteoporosis, carpal and tunnel syndrome.
- Unlike conventional medicine and insulin, a Chiropractor can help deal with the long-term problem.
- This type of treatment is effective for both children and adults.
- Lack of physical activity or weight gain can increase the chances of diabetes. They can help provide appropriate advice on physical activity and tips to change one’s lifestyle.
- Spinal alignment is an effective method of improving one’s overall health.
A Gonstead chiropractor in Melbourne has the skill to analyze your problems and provides custom solutions to help you improve your health. They have a knack for improving your quality of life by treating your existing condition and prevent them from reoccurring. They can also help you achieve your wellness goals. This article provides more information on how a Chiropractor can help with the prevention and management of diabetes.
Common Services Offered by a Family Chiropractic Clinic
The most common reason people visit chiropractic clinics is to seek relief from back pain. Tons of people visit the clinic for various reasons like sports injuries, muscle strains, accidents, pain in the neck and legs as well as headaches. Diabetics also tend to visit them for an alternative cure. This is a more direct approach to healing and involves spinal manipulation to help properly align the musculoskeletal structure.
They are also a remedial therapist who works by first performing several tests to analyze your issue. This will usually involve a physical examination like a lab test, diagnostic imaging, etc. The main aim of this is to help determine the type of treatment fit for you. This type of treatment is safe, effective, and deals with one’s overall wellbeing.
Some of the services offered by a Chiropractor include:
- Gonstead Chiropractic: This is a treatment that involves spinal and chiropractic adjustments to restore the spine to its natural state.
- Remedial Massage: This type of massage is an effective method to heal your muscles and tends. It helps with an injury, knots as well as tense or immobile muscles.
- Myotherapy: They can also assist in the special treatment of myotherapy.
There are several Chiropractic clinics in Australia that one can approach to deal with the issue of diabetes. One does not require a referral to visit one besides which their treatment is highly effective in helping one gain overall health and fitness.
This is a team of Biotechnologist who are committed to keeping you healthy and provide the best re-researched pieces of information.